Sunday, March 26, 2023

My Struggles with ocd. another draft from 30 june 21

 Whenever I heard the word OCD, I used to think that the person who suffers from it keep all things clean and they can't stand the disorganization of anything. So, that was my perception and when my brother found out that he has OCD, I used to say he don't actually have it, he just make excuses because he wasn't keeping everything squeaky clean even though he went to a doctor and than he found out that he has it. 

And the irony of the whole situation was that all this time I was also suffering from it but didn't know. So, you can see the level of ignorance that our society has for mental health. 

I used to feel the compulsions to do something in a particular way to stop something terrible from happening to me or my family. And it was increasing everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there something wring with me? There is something wrong with me. Why can’t anybody like me? Why can’t i like anybody. It is different whe...